Montgomery County, Maryland: Resources for Senior Living, Aging, and Caregivers
Special thanks to Advanced Home Support for sponsoring this section
Access Listings of all senior housing options in Montgomery County, Maryland
- Active Adult Communities
- Retirement Communities / Continuing Care Retirement Communities
- Independent Living Communities
- Assisted Living Communities
- Nursing and Rehabilitation /Nursing Homes
Access Listings to Home Care in Senior Resources serving Montgomery County, Maryland
- Home Care – Skilled, Live-in, Companion Care, etc.
- Aging in Place – Remodeling, Transportation for Seniors, Adult Day Care, etc.
- Decision Making – Geriatric Care Management, etc.
- Money & Legal – Elder Law, Estate Planning, Daily Money Management, etc.
- Moving & Downsizing – Senior Move Management, Senior Real Estate Specialists, etc.
- Health – Audiology, Hearing Loss, Low Vision, Physicians, etc.
- The population of Montgomery County residents ages 65 and older has steadily increased and is the fastest growing population segment of the County. The number of senior adult residents is projected to more than double from 92,500 in 2000 to more than 189,000 in 2030.
About the Aging and Disability Resource Unit in Montgomery County, Maryland
Aging & Disability Resource Unit (ADRU): Consolidated access point for assessment, consultation, resource coordination, and service planning for seniors and persons with disabilities.
- 240-777-3000 (Voice)
- 240-777-4575 (TTY)
- or via MD Relay 711
- Emergency After Hours: 240-777-4000
- Se habla español
Hours of Operation
- Monday and Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 8:30 am – 7:30 pm
Programs and services for Seniors and People with disabilities
The ADRU staff can help you ask the right questions, clarify your needs and identify resources.
- Adult Protective Services – Social workers and nurses respond to concerns about adults who may be at risk of harm due to abuse, neglect, self-neglect, or exploitation.
- Personal care (bathing, dressing) and chore services for people with disabilities and frail older adults.
Health and Mental Health
- Access to insurance providers like Medicare and Medicaid, clinics, pharmacy assistance, and wellness resources. Referral to mental health services.
- Short-term breaks for caregivers of frail older adults and people with disabilities. Respite care can be provided inside or outside the home.
Support for Family Caregivers
- Education, support, services, and resources for people caring for a loved one.
- Seniors lunch program including American, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, and Kosher meals. Home delivered meals and grocery delivery.
- Services and programs providing financial assistance or tax credits. Includes eligibility screenings and help completing applications.
- Transportation resources in the County, including discounts, escorts, and accessible transportation.
- Information about housing options, including financial assistance, subsidies and accessible housing.
Non-Profit and Government Resources for Seniors, Caregivers and Professionals serving Montgomery County Maryland
Links to City Pages for Senior Living Resources in Montgomery County, Maryland
Click on the links below to access, city listings and resources for seniors, caregivers and professionals.
- Aspen Hill
- Broadwood Manor
- Cabin John
- Carroll Manor
- Chevy Chase*
- Chevy Chase Section 4
- Chevy Chase Section Five*
- Chevy Chase Section Three*
- Chevy Chase View*
- Chevy Chase Village*
- Croydon Park
- Deer Park
- Falls Orchard
- Forest Glen
- Four Corners
- Friendship Heights
- Friendship Village
- Garrett Park*
- Glen Echo*
- Glenora Hills
- Hungerford Towne
- Kemp Mill
- Martins Additions*
- Montgomery Village
- North Bethesda
- North Chevy Chase*
- North Kensington
- North Potomac
- Potomac Woods
- Rollins Park
- Sandy Spring
- Silver Rock
- Silver Spring
- South Kensington
- Takoma Park*
- Twin Brook
- Twin Brook Forest
- Washington Grove*
- West End Park
- White Oak
- Woodley Gardens