Senior Living, Aging, Retirement and Caregiver Resources in New Jersey
Access Listings of all senior housing options in the State of New Jersey
- Active Adult Communities
- Retirement Communities / Continuing Care Retirement Communities
- Independent Living Communities
- Assisted Living Communities
- Nursing and Rehabilitation /Nursing Homes
Access Listings to Home Care in Senior Resources serving the State of New Jersey
- Home Care – Skilled, Live-in, Companion Care, etc.
- Aging in Place – Remodeling, Transportation for Seniors, Adult Day Care, etc.
- Decision Making – Geriatric Care Management, etc.
- Money & Legal – Elder Law, Estate Planning, Daily Money Management, etc.
- Moving & Downsizing – Senior Move Management, Senior Real Estate Specialists, etc.
- Health – Audiology, Hearing Loss, Low Vision, Physicians, etc.
Facts about Aging in New Jersey
- New Jersey population aged 60 years and over grew by 3.5% since 1990 to a total of 1,443,782 in 2000.
- The largest population growth is among people aged 85 years and over (42.3%), followed by the age group between 80-84 years (30%). During the same period of time, population aged between 60-69 years decreased by 11.4%.
- The population over age 60 years is projected to grow substantially in the near future as the baby-boom generation (those born between 1946 and 1964) ages.
- In 2000, there were 1,443,782 New Jerseyans aged 60 years
- and over. By 2030, the population is projected to number two and onehalf million in this age group.
- People aged 60 and over represented 17.2% of the New Jersey population in the year 2000.
- It is expected to grow to be 25.7% of the population by 2030.
The New Jersey Division of Aging and Community Services (DACS) administers programs designed to make it easier for seniors to get the help they need to support their well-being and maintain themselves in the community for as long as possible with independence, dignity and choice.
Non-Profit and Government Resources for Seniors, Caregivers and Professionals serving the State of New Jersey
- AARP New Jersey
- New Jersey Foundation for Aging (NJFA)
- New Jersey Division of Aging and Community Services
- New Jersey Aging & Disability Resource Connection
Events for Seniors, Families and Professionals in New Jersey
- Click here to access our calendar of events in New Jersey
Jobs and Careers for Senior Care Providers in New Jersey
- Click here to access our career center in New Jersey