The MetLife Foundation/Civic Ventures Community College Encore Career Grants – May 1 Deadline
The MetLife Foundation/Civic Ventures Community College Encore Career Grants open doors for boomers who want their next chapter, or encore, to include a “purpose-driven job.” Grants will be awarded to innovative community colleges that are creating new ways for adults 50+ to transition to “encore careers” in education, healthcare and social services – all sectors facing critical labor shortages.
The Encore Career Project will:
* Invest in innovation on community college campuses.
* Showcase the critical role community colleges can play in the lives of those in a new stage of life and work.
* Encourage community colleges and social sector employers to work together to unleash the potential of boomers as a new workforce for social change.
* Create a vanguard of cutting-edge community colleges preparing boomers for “encore careers.”
* Catalyze change on other community college campuses.
Community colleges will receive grants of up to $25,000 each to help attract, prepare, or place adults 50+ in new careers in education, healthcare and social services. Although grants may complement existing community college resources and build on community connections, funds cannot be used for traditional older adult offerings that focus on cultural, recreational or personal enrichment activities.
The Community College Encore Career Project is sponsored by Civic Ventures – a think tank and incubator helping society achieve the greatest return on experience – and funded by the MetLife Foundation.