Summer Executive Seminar course in Sales & Marketing for Senior Housing Communities
The George Mason University Program in Assisted Living/Senior Housing is offering a Summer Executive Seminar course in Sales & Marketing for Senior Housing Communities.
Current Assisted Living/Senior Housing professionals – including administrators, directors of marketing, and related staff – and Sales professionals interested in careers in seniors housing, are welcome to take this course. A bachelor’s degree and current or previous sales and marketing experience is required. The course will be held on the Fairfax campus on Thursday evenings in six 5-hour sessions from 4:30-9:30 pm, on the following dates:
June 15, 22, and 29
July 13, 20, and 27
The course will include:
- An overview of the Assisted Living/Senior Housing industry and consumer
- Competitor profiling and understanding strengths/weaknesses, and opportunities/threats
- Establishing sales goals and inquiry volume
- Lead management tools and conversion rates from inquiry, to tour, to move-in
- Referral development and the role of the sales/marketing director and other members of the sales team
- The marketing budget – including cost per lead, and the best tools for advertising and promoting your community
- Regulations, consumer rights and the role of ethics in assisted living/senior housing sales & marketing
This course may be taken individually or as part of a Concentration in Assisted Living/Senior Housing Administration. The Program in Assisted Living/Senior Housing Administration is the first in the nation to offer both undergraduate and graduate curricula dedicated exclusively to the field, and has been nationally recognized for its teaching and innovations.
For information on enrolling on a one-course (non-degree) basis visit:
For information on the Program in Assisted Living/Senior Housing Administration and the Graduate Concentration visit:
For additional information or inquiries contact Andrew Carle, Assistant Professor – Program Director at [email protected].