Successful Aging Expo Scheduled for June 28
Date: 6/28/2006 Time: 10:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- First Baptist Church of Alexandria
- 2932 King Street Alexandria, VA 22302Description: Join the City of Alexandria Commission on Aging; the Department of Human Services Office of Aging and Adult Services and the Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities Department at the Successful Aging Expo 2006. This expo will be a “one stop shop” of organizations and service providers who can address all needs of seniors and the families who support them. From finances and mortgages to recreation and retirement living, these providers – including AARP Virginia, Guide to Retirement Living, Pro-Aging Senior Network, Goddwin House and Sunrise Senior Living – can answer all of your questions. Bill Thomas, MD – an international authority on geriatrics, founder of The Eden Alternative and The Green House, author of “What are Old People for?” and AARP Visiting Scholar – will be the keynote speaker. City of Alexandria Mayor William D. Euille will be the master of ceremonies and Vice Mayor Del Pepper will recognize two citizens and one organization for their contributions to our senior community.
- Contact: Debbie Ludington
- Phone Number: 703-838–0927
- Email Address: [email protected]