Retirement and estate-planning tips for LGBT singles and couples
Caroline Dabu, vice-president of retirement and financial planning strategy with Bank of Montreal offers the following tips for LGBT planning:
1) Plan and save for your old-age living arrangements.
2) Draw up a proper will.
3) Make sure your will is updated.
4) Make sure there can be no doubt that your will is entirely valid.
5) Include your spouse or partner on your paperwork.
6) If you are single, having a continuing power of attorney is important.