Ranking Nursing Homes – A look behind the U.S. News & World Report Study
U.S. News & World Report takes on the challenge of ranking Nursing Homes, this article offers some insight into the system they used to compile the rankings.
Not many homes get a perfect 5 stars in all three categories, and very few manage to do it for four quarters in a row. Here is the list of the 11 that take high honors in 2010. A few are pediatric facilities that are considered nursing homes because they provide Medicaid-funded long-term care or skilled rehabilitation services.
The 2010 America’s Best Nursing Homes Honor Roll
- Bethany Skilled Nursing Facility, Framingham, Mass.
- Central Virginia Training Center, Lynchburg, Va.
- Cokesbury Village, Hockessin, Del.
- Dooley Center, Atchison, Kan.
- Hannah B. G. Shaw Home for the Aged, Middleboro, Mass.
- Home of the Innocents, Louisville, Ky.
- Jeanne Jugan Residence, Newark, Del.
- Lourdes Health Care Center, Wilton, Conn.
- Mayview Convalescent Center, Raleigh, N.C.
- Rady Children’s Hospital Bernardy Center, San Diego
- South Mountain Restoration Center, South Mountain, Pa.
- The article also discusses some tips and offers guidance to families making the decision to select a nursing home.