Questions to ask when selecting assisted living
Leslie Morgan is a professor of sociology at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County and co-director of the UMB/UMBC gerontology PhD program. Her most recent book, coauthored with colleagues from UMBC’s Center for Aging Studies, is “Quality Assisted Living: Informing Practice through Research.” Her email is [email protected]
She outlines some questions to ask in the Baltimore Sun, they include:
- What are this person’s priorities?
- What types and amount of care does this person need?
- How important is flexibility in the person’s daily routine?
- Who would your family member feel comfortable with in a shared living environment?
- Whose priorities matter most?
- What happens if the money runs out?