Positions like the Grant Writer can be found at www.proaging.com
A DC based high tech company that serves the retirement community market is looking for a grant writer for two types of funding search opportunities:
• To develop the product research and development to serve seniors better
• To help state and federal government connect seniors to the Internet and new medias
The grant writer will:
1. Through interviews and other means, gather information that will easily allow him/her to grasp the concept of a project or program for which funding is sought as defined by the person responsible for carrying it out.
2. Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the organization, and use that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought and to recommend the seeking of grants.
3. Research grant-making organizations and analyze them to identify likely funding sources for specific projects and programs.
4. Compile, write, and edit all grant applications exhibiting strong expository writing skills and a high-level command of grammar and spelling. This would be done in collaboration with company staff.
5. Review the budget of a project or program for which funding is sought and make recommendations to better present it to grant-making organizations.
6. Develop individual grant proposals in accordance with each grant-making organization’s preferences and follow exactly each grant-making organization’s guidelines.
7. Keep in contact with grant-making organizations during their review of a submitted grant application in order to be able to supply additional supportive material.
8. Manage the process of supplying progress reports when required by a grant-making organization that has funded a project or program.
This position is available immediately; some of the initial work has been done and agencies identified.
Compensation commensurate with experience and results.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]