Nominations for Senior Housing Quality Improvement Awards Being Accepted Through April 7, 2012
The Program in Senior Housing Administration at George Mason University, in conjunction with the Department of Health Administration & Policy is currently accepting nominations for the 8th Annual National Quality Improvement Awards.
The awards have recognized team-based contributions in quality improvement for health care organizations including hospitals, outpatient, ambulatory medicine, and managed care organizations. Nominations including Senior Housing/Long Term Care organizations were added last year to recognize the growth of the senior housing industry and its contributions to the nation’s health care system. Recipients of 2011 Senior Housing awards included:
- Senior Housing/Long Term Care Improvement Award: Greenspring Village (VA)
“The Studio at Renaissance Gardens(Alzheimer’s Care)”
- Health Systems Risk Improvement Award: MBK Senior Living (CA)
“MBK Senior Living’s Infection Prevention Program”
- Honorable Mention: Belmont Village Senior Living (TX)
“Circle of Friends: An Assisted Living Program to Build Cognitive Reserve for Older Adults with MCI”
Organizations may nominate any program or service that can provide documented improvement in quality of life for seniors in Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, or Continuing Care Retirement Communities. Examples may include programs for falls reduction, medications management, cognition, socialization, nutrition, overall wellness, or for programs that improve operational efficiency and/or improve overall quality of care in senior housing environments.
Nominations must be submitted by April 7, 2012. Awards will be announced and presented at the Annual Awards Ceremony on April 26, 2012 at the Fairview Park Marriott, 3111 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church, VA 22042-4550. Attendance is not required for receipt of an award, however all nominees will be able to attend and winners will be announced at the awards ceremony. All nominees will have an additional opportunity to showcase their projects with poster presentations at the ceremony.
- For additional information on the Quality Improvement Awards program visit: http://chhs.gmu.edu/quality-award/index.html
- For application for an award, including categories for entry visit: http://chhs.gmu.edu/quality-award/application.html
- The George Mason University Program in Senior Housing Administration offers the nation’s first and only graduate and undergraduate curricula dedicated exclusively to the senior housing field. Additional information about the program can be found by visiting its website at: http://seniorhousing.gmu.edu