Master Faculty Scholars Program Accepting Applications
One Year Program offered by WAGECC and the Center for Aging, Health and Humanities at George Washington University (GWU) September 2012- June 2013
Scholars will explore the arts of teaching and leading in settings that care for older persons:
- A view of older adults as whole people with creative potential
- Effective teaching techniques, especially in clinical settings
- Leaderships skills in inter-professional teams
- Successful design and conduct of performance improvement projects
An emphasis on seeing the whole person, listening to their story and their values, and integrating creative and humanistic approaches to care will be woven throughout the program.
Two sites available to choose from:
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Washington Hospital Center
Who is eligible?
Professionals in any discipline who are currently working in a health care setting caring for older adults are welcome. Strong candidates who are in their last year of graduate training (e.g. physician fellowship training) will also be considered.
Applications are due September 4, 2012!
For more information and application, click here (PDF document).
Please address specific content inquiries to Dale Lupu, PhD, MPH.