Howard County Office on Aging 50+EXPO
The Howard County Office on Aging is hosting the annual 50+EXPO on Friday, October 20th from 9am to 4pm at Wilde Lake High School. This not-to-be-missed event provides information about services for older adults and their families and it’s free! The EXPO offers more than 140 exhibitors and educational seminars. There is entertainment throughout the day and a live auction to benefit needy seniors in Howard County. There is a health fair offering health screenings and health education and an alternative care fair to explore other ways to care for ourselves.
This year’s educational seminars include:
· Alert! Safety First: An introduction to a driver safety course
· Elder Care and Work: Finding the Balance
· Make me Beautiful: Beauty Tips and Trends
· 55+ Communities: Are they right for you?
· Creating a Home to Last a Lifetime: Think Universal Design
· Personal Preparedness and the Neighbor-to-Neighbor Program
Flu and pneumonia vaccines are also offered. Flu vaccines are free to Medicare Part B recipients with card, $20 otherwise. Pneumonia vaccines are also free to Medicare Part B recipients, with a cost of $25 for others. Flu vaccines are available for those 50+ or those under 50 with underlying, chronic medical conditions. For more information, call the 50+EXPO HOTLINE at 410-313-6406; TTY 410-313-6401.