Gerontologists Available to Assist Long-Term Senior Community Service Employment Program Participants
Senior Service America is pleased to invite all Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) subgrantees to receive on-site technical assistance from professionals trained in gerontology or other related disciplines. We are currently recruiting and hiring these professionals as SSAI temporary staff to assist your agency with those long-term SCSEP participants who have been enrolled for two or more years. For the first time in SCSEP’s history, you will be required to exit some SCSEP participants due to the new time limits on program participation specified in the 2006 reauthorization of the Older Americans Act.
SSAI will employ these professionals as temporary staff between May and August 2008 and assign them to work for your SCSEP program at no cost to your agency. All of the professionals will be actively pursuing, or have completed, at least a Master’s degree in gerontology or a related discipline
If you are interested in having a gerontologist assigned to your agency this summer, please respond to this email as soon as possible. Depending on available funds, we plan to assign a gerontologist to 20 or more of our subgrantees.
To receive this assistance, we ask that subgrantees provide the assigned gerontologist with the following:
1. Access to your SCSEP staff and participants.
2. Day-to-day supervision, including approval and submission of timesheets every two weeks to SSAI for a minimum of eight weeks between May and August, 2008.
3. Desk space and, if possible, telephone and computer access.
SSAI will provide the assigned gerontologist with the following:
1. All personnel and payroll functions
2. Mileage reimbursement for local travel.
3. Initial and ongoing orientation to SCSEP program policies.
4. Weekly oversight and guidance by email and telephone or as needed.
We look forward to hearing from you — please feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you have any questions. Thanks always for your support.
Senior Service America
8403 Colesville Road, Suite 1200
Silver Spring, MD 20910
fax (301) 578-8947