Americas Best Intergenerational Communities Announced
- City of Georgetown, Texas
- Town of Lamoni, Iowa
- City of Oberlin, Ohio
- County of San Diego, California
- Virginia Planning District 10 (which includes the following city and counties)
- City of Charlottesville
- Albermarle County
- Fluvanna County
- Greene County
- Louisa County
- Nelson County
We created these awards to heighten awareness of the importance intergenerational solidarity plays in building strong, supportive communities. A blue-ribbon panel of judges selected the winning entries from among a host of applicants from across the country.
We recognized these communities at a special event on Capitol Hill on March 28, 2012.
Interested in learning more?
- Find out what the award winning communities are doing to earn this recognition
- Read our policy recommendations on the Older Americans Act and the Elementary and Secondary Education Act.
- Sign up to receive our weekly e-alert, Generations This Week
- Join Seniors4Kids and raise your voice in support of all generations.
- Check out our top 6 resources on making your community more intergenerational.