21 Daily Money Managers Are the First to Be Certified
Bellefonte, PA — Twenty-one daily money managers from 12 states became the first in the nation to earn the designation Professional Daily Money Manager by meeting eligibility requirements and passing an intensive examination. The certification process has been developed by the American Association of Daily Money Managers (AADMM) as part of its mission to assure high standards of practice and delivery of quality service by DMM professionals.
The individuals in the inaugural class of Professional Daily Money Managers certified that they ascribe to the stringent AADMM Code of Ethics, had 1500 hours of experience in the field, and fulfilled educational criteria to meet eligibility requirements. The test administered in November addressed five areas of competency that included bill paying, basic finance/bookkeeping, payroll and tax basics, types of expenses, and standards of practice.
Those entitled to use the new title of Professional Daily Money Manager are:
– John W. Bowen, Bookkeeping and Daily Money Management, Falls Church, VA
– Pete Conklin, Personal Affairs Management, LLC, Springfield, VA
– Taryn L. Cyrus, Priority Money Management, Washington, DC
– Babs L.L. Fahrney, Alameda, CA
– Rebecca R. Feuerstein, Eddy & Schein In-Home Administrators for Seniors, New York, NY
– Gloria S. Froman, Let Me Get the Bill, Inc., Skokie, IL
– Elizabeth B. Ganitopoulos, Private Matter$, Northbrook, IL
– Roberta Gosier, Help Unlimited, Inc., Silver Springs MD
– Sandra L. Grant, Grant Financial Services, LTC, Worthington, OH
– Barbara H. Hance, Barbara H. Hance Associates, Inc., Farmington, CT
– Patricia S. Morris, Esq. CFP, Personal Money Manager, Newton, MA
– Pamela Nielsen Brehler, CSA, Personal Finances Management, Chapel Hill, NC
– Rosalind Odmark, Roz Odmark Bookkeeping Service/Daily Money Manager, Rancho Santa Fe, CA
– Fredlyn O’Hara, Money Matters, Audubon, NJ
– Margaret E.F. Overton, Senior Accounts, Arnold, MD
– Bridget Pendergast, Caregiver Resources, Inc. Virginia Beach, VA
– Georgina R. Pirrone, CSA, GCP Financial, LLC, Ho Ho Kus, NJ
– Deena Poritzky, Personal Bookkeeping Services, Chelsea, MA
– Gideon Y. Schein, Eddy & Schein In-Home Administrators for Seniors, New York, NY
– Courtney L. Smith, RG, Benefit Payee Services, Inc., Denver, CO
– Marcia L. Turner, CSA, Y.E.A., Inc, North Branford, CT
AADMM leadership lauded the newly certified Professional Daily Money Managers for their achievement by telling them, “Your investment of money and time denotes your personal commitment to excellence and integrity in the provision of services to your daily money management clients.”
Certification demonstrates in a tangible way the professionalism among daily money managers and supports the AADMM’s commitment to “promoting high standards of client services provided by members, and to supporting the growth of the daily money management industry, in numbers of providers, in recognition of the field, and in the quality of services provided.” Through voluntary certification, individuals validate their skill level and add to their credentials as a leader in the industry. Although AADMM is the certifying body, a daily money manager is not required to hold membership to participate in the certification process.
In 2008, certification examinations will be offered on Saturday, May 3 in Chicago, IL; Saturday, July 26 in Providence, RI; and Friday, November 7 in Orlando, FL. Applications and additional details on certification time and specific location will be available at www.aadmm.com/certification.htm or by emailing [email protected].
AADMM is a membership organization comprised of individuals and businesses that provide daily money management services directly to their own clients. The services meet a continuum of needs, from organizing and keeping track of financial and medical insurance papers, to assisting with check writing and maintaining bank accounts. For more information, go to www.AADMM.com.