ProAging Career Center
|Company Name||GeriatriCare Management, Inc.|
|Location||Alexandria, VA/Northern Virginia|
|Date Posted||Apr 02, 2012|
|Company Contact||Stephanie Thomopoulos, BCD; Owner|
GeriatriCare® Management, Inc., located in Alexandria, VA, is seeking a Professional Geriatric Care Manager to join our dedicated team of social workers and nurses. Founded in 1995, our company provides a wide range of individualized services to the elderly, disabled and their families. The Care Manager coordinates, implements and manages service delivery to provide quality care to clients and their families.
* Performs comprehensive psychosocial assessments to determine potential client service needs
* Referral to community resources.
* Develops, implements and revises client care plans.
· Arranging and monitoring services for individuals in their homes or in facilities.
· Performing assessments to determine whether an individual is incapacitated, and writing reports which can be used in support of a guardianship petition.
· Consultation and coordination of long distance care-giving.
· Assisting with discharge planning after hospitalization
· Intervening when a client is in a crisis situation
· Coordinating medical care
· Helping to locate nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and apartments for individuals
· Providing on-going case management for individuals who need some assistance so that they can live independently.
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience / Credentials / Education:
· LCSW or RN preferred
· Two years experience in geriatrics, care management or related disciplines required.
· Ability to interface effectively and professionally with client support network, including family, physicians, attorneys, etc.
· PC literate.
· Frequent local travel by personal automobile to client homes required.