ProAging Career Center
|Company Name||Volunteers of America|
|Date Posted||Apr 04, 2012|
We are seeking a Life Enrichment Director. This position coordinates social, recreational, purposeful and spiritual activities to residents, whose needs include psychological, physical and cognitive challenges.
Job duties include:
- Designs and implements a lifestyle plan for the entire building, including monthly scheduling of activities for entire building and maintaining a supply of inventory of necessary materials.
- Responsible for the direction and training of Universal Workers in implementing programs as designed for the special program areas. This will be in coordination with administrative staff.
- Manages monthly and yearly budgets for departments, supplies, activities and guests.
- Attends training (e.g., Alzheimer’s Association) in programming and creative ideas for an activity-focused philosophy.
- Coordinate all activities surrounding recruitment and planning for volunteer participation, including volunteer recruitment, training, job assignment and recognition.
- Responsible for the creation of the monthly resident newsletter and ensuring distribution to all in the building as well as resident family members.
- Must be a Licensed Recreational Therapist.
- High school graduate or equivalent education.
- Able to understand and follow procedures, work assignments, instructions and prepare reports and documentation.
- Ability to work with varying levels of responsiveness.
- Ability to work on intervention with residents.
- Must possess a high level of flexibility and tolerance to adjust to changes in workloads, assignments, hours and days (i.e., weekends, evenings, holidays, etc.).
- Previous activities/programming experience of one year. Knowledge base of Alzheimer’s, dementia and mental health.
- Ability to drive a company van and clear a DMV check.
- CPR certified
If interested please apply on our website, http://www.voa.org/Careers/Local_Office_Careers