ProAging Career Center
|Company Name||A Place for Mom|
|Date Posted||Apr 13, 2012|
|Company Contact||Cassie Denny|
A Place For Mom Company Overview
A Place for Mom, Inc. (APFM) is the nation's largest senior housing referral service providing resources and personal assistance in finding senior care and housing. With a nationwide network of more than 18,000 senior care providers, A Place For Mom helps families find options that meet a loved one’s stated needs and preferences, such as assisted living, nursing homes, Alzheimer's care, residential care homes, retirement communities and home care. The service is offered at no charge to families, as many of the nation's care communities reimburse the company.Families can review detailed information about their local senior care providers online and get personal, professional assistance by telephone from one of 450 local Eldercare Advisors.
Currently, over 600 employees nationwide, with continued growth plans well into the future. Our corporate headquarters are in Seattle, WA, overlooking beautiful Lake Union. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages along with 17 days PTO/10 paid holidays, a monthly parking stipend, free snacks and soda’s and much more. A big advocate of training, development and promoting from within, we have a vested interest in our employees.
A Place For Mom is privately held by Warburg Pincus, a leading private equity firm that has invested more than $35 billion in over 650 companies in more than 30 countries around the world.
The Community Relations Advisor (CRA) is a field-based representative who oversees a network of professional referral sources for A Place for Mom. The CRA is responsible for planning, developing, building, and maintaining a network of professional referral sources within a designated market area.
A professional referral source is a person, practice group, or organization that is in a position to come in contact with anyone who has a need for senior living services and could refer them to A Place for Mom.
The Community Relations Advisor is responsible for creating and executing a plan for developing and growing APFM’s professional referral partner relationships and nurturing and delighting existing professional referral partner relationships to support revenue objectives for APFM. The ability to exercise sound discretion and independent judgment in performing all responsibilities is a must.
Key responsibilities include:
- Use independent judgment and experience to create and document a unique market plan and strategy to cultivate and increase new professional referral partners and nurture existing partners in a target market. Review this plan with senior management on a quarterly basis and provide feedback and recommendations on execution strategy.
- Implement and execute on the approved market plan, including prioritizing which potential referral sources to approach and how/when to do so, and aligning appropriate APFM resources to support the plan. Advise other functional teams on issues and requirements of the target market and the market plan.
- Build trusting, long-term relationships with professionals to encourage direct referrals by successfully developing the reputation and presence of APFM in the market and educating professionals on APFM’s value, process, and best practices.
- Conduct frequent partner communications and visits to provide information and answer questions, improve the results of our partnership, improve ongoing relationships and support the generation of professional referrals.
- Manage and nurture relationships with professionals to be the “go to” source of information and resources.
- Builds relationships and educates families over the phone on the various senior living options available and the search and referral processes: ensure families understand the value of APFM throughout their senior living search.
- Understand family needs and refer appropriate partner communities.
- Assist families with the search process: help families through their search.
- Pipeline management: manage lead pipeline on daily basis and accurately record in CRM to ensure up-to-date family information and status. Maintain accurate market projections.
- Other duties as required.
- This is role will require a minimum of 60% local and regional travel to meet with partner communities and professionals. This is a full-time position, regular evenings and weekends may be required.
Required Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years business development or relationship sales or service experience in a quota or metrics driven environment: demonstrated history of success in business development and support role, with a focus on healthcare or senior services preferred.
- Proven ability to develop, establish, nurture, maintain, and foster positive, quality working relationships with a large number of professional referral sources.
- Strong networking skills.
- Experience presenting to prospects.
- Ability to deliver results in while working in a highly independent environment.
- Ability to use tact, initiative, and exercise sound discretion and make sound independent decisions, within general policy, procedural and legal guidelines
- Ability to take appropriate action when complaints/problems arise.
- Ability to independently organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines
- Ability to understand, explain, and apply applicable laws, codes, regulations, and standards.
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner.
- Prepare clear and concise plans and other written materials.
- Maintain accurate records and files of work performed.
- Strong computer skills necessary, including Word and Excel.
- Strong typing skills.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration, visa sponsorship not available.
- Assisted Living Coordinator posted about 17 hours ago.
- Per Diem Nurse posted about 18 hours ago.
- Intake Specialist posted about 18 hours ago.
- Client Services Coordinator - RN/LPN Position Available (Washington, DC) posted about 23 hours ago.
- Nurse Practitioner - House Calls posted about 24 hours ago.