Understanding Wandering – A Free Professional Training Event
Date(s) - April 25, 2012
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Arden Courts of Annandale
703-256-0882 [email protected]
Category(ies) No Categories
Part of the Foundation of Dementia Care Training from the Alzheimer’s Assocation.
After attending this seminar, you will be able to:
– Define wandering
– State why wandering occurs
– Identify situations that may lead to wandering
– Explain the difference between safe and unsafe wandering
– Identify residents at risk for unsafe wandering
– Apply strategies that promote safe wandering while preventing exit seeking
– Describe the REACT method for responding to a wandering incident
Seating is limited, so make your reservations early. A complimentary lunch will be served.