Parkinson Foundation of the National Capital Area – Patient Education Conference
Date(s) - March 1, 2014
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Fairview Park Marriott
703-734-1017 [email protected] http://www.parkinsonfoundation.org/education/symposium/index.html
Category(ies) No Categories
Parkinson Foundation of the National Capital Area hosts this annual gathering for persons diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease (PD), family members affected by PD and care professionals to hear medical lectures from experts in Parkinson’s and learn about local resources and services.
Event registration fee is $40 per person. Register ASAP – seating is limited! This event sees 450-500 guests each year from the Eastern region (majority from MD, VA and DC).
- Includes lunch, light breakfast, and parking, access to lectures and resource hall
- Call PFNCA at 703-734-1017 to ask about our registration special for care professionals
- Three main lectures given by movement disorder specialists, including the topics of: Parkinson’s overview, diagnosis and management; Quality of life in Parkinson’s disease; What’s New in PD Research
- Nine breakout session options including: Cognition in PD, Behavioral aspects, Nutrition, Sexuality, What to Know When a Person with PD is Hospitalized
- Resource hall featuring area hospitals, rehabilitation and therapy practices, community services, care providers and more
Highly reviewed conference by the local community that Parkinson Foundation of the National Capital Area serves. Join us on Saturday, March 1, 2014.
- Significant educational opportunity for CNAs, care assistants, etc. to learn specialized information about a disease that affects more than 1 million adults in the US
- A few exhibit opportunities remain in the Resource Hall – if you are interested in having your organization exhibit and connect with 450+ persons, contact [email protected]