Free 3 Hour CEU For Social Workers
Date(s) - June 19, 2014
8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Harmony Hall Assisted Living
443 791-8881 [email protected] http://www.brightstarcare.com/howard-county/events/free-3-hour-ceu-for-social-workers-3/
Category(ies) No Categories
To RSVP for this event, please follow the link below:
Sponsored by BrightStar Care, The BCAT and Harmony Hall Assisted Living
8:30am-9:00am: Registration and Breakfast
9:00am-11:00am: BCAT Approach: Understanding the new “Gold Standard” for Cognitive Assessment
- Background on cognition and assessment
- Underlying neuro-physiology
- The BCAT Test System
- Working Memory Applications
- Be able to administer, score, and interpret all BCAT System Tests
- Be able to apply tests results to optimize care
- Understand the basic cognitive domains of memory, executive functions, and attentional capacity.
- Understand working memory applications
Speaker: WILLIAM MANSBACH, PHD
Dr. Mansbach has a national reputation as a clinician and consultant in the aging field. He has been a pioneer in the development of Memory Clinics, and is the creator of the BCAT® system, a series of cognitive tests and intervention strategies. He has published and presented numerous articles and workshops on geriatric mental health and cognitive assessment, and is active in creating heathcare policy. Dr. Mansbach sits on the Maryland Governor’s Alzheimer’s Disease Council.
11:00am-12:00pm: Medicare and Ethical Issues for Social Workers
Understanding Medicare Ethics
Speaker: Jack Davidson
Jack Davidson is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed Social Workers in Maryland and is responsible for this program.