Exploring the Safe Use of Medication in Older Adults
Date(s) - November 19, 2013
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
301.657.9111 [email protected]
Category(ies) No Categories
“Exploring the Safe Use of Medication in Older Adults.” Tuesday, November 19, 2013, 12-1:30 p.m. Featuring speaker Kathleen A. Cameron, BS Pharm, MPH. Kathy is Chair, Northern Virginia Alcohol and Aging Awareness Group.
Topics to be discussed during this seminar include:
- Physical changes with aging and how these changes impact prescription and over-the counter medication use
- The safe use of alcohol and the risks associated with alcohol and certain medications
- Questions to ask your doctor and pharmacist about each medication
- How to manage common side effects of medications
- How to safely store and dispose of your medications
Please RSVP to let us know you will attend. Lunch will be served.