Continuing Education Seminar
Date(s) - December 19, 2012
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
(410) 910-9425 [email protected]
Category(ies) No Categories
Continuing Education Program
“Preventing costly hospital re-admissions through Quality Care and Wellness Education.”
Planning Your Patients Hospital Discharge
Date: December 19, 2012 Time: 5:30pm – 7:00pm
Place: Howard County General Hospital Wellness Center
10710 Charter Drive, suite 100, Columbia MD 21044
RSVP: to [email protected] Seats are limited!
Please RSVP by December 17, 2012
Food and refreshments will be served!
FREE 1 Category I CEU for Social Workers
• Working together to prevent re-admission
• Promoting better care after a hospital discharge by creating better communications between hospitals and other care facilities, (reform will promote coordinated care after discharge from the hospital and also encourage investments in hospital discharge planning and transitional care to ensure that avoidable readmissions are prevented).
Helping to educate patients about their care and the importance of following Physicians, Providers orders!
• Educating Physicians?
Out of the 20% of patients discharged 50% don’t see a physician with-in 7 day of discharge.
• The Circle of Care
Skilled Nursing Facilities, Medical Home Health, DME, Private Duty Home Health, Assisted living Communities, Adult day Care & Physicians
• Medicare Discharge Check List
• Medicare Preventative Services!
• Settlement That Eases Medicare Home Care Rule
Presented By: Jack Davidson
Community Liaison Home Physicians managed by Alegis Care
Jack Davidson is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed Social Workers in Maryland and is responsible for this program
Sponsored By: Eleonora Don, BrightStar Care of Howard County
Bright Star Home Health