Assisted Living Managers: Meeting State Standards regarding Controlled Substances and Medication Safety for Assisted Living Residents
Date(s) - April 25, 2012
10:30 AM - 1:00 PM
301-220-1990 [email protected]
Category(ies) No Categories
Meeting State Standards regarding Controlled Substances and Medication Safety for Assisted Living Residents
Policies and Procedures are the key to Controlled Substances safety for Assisted Living Communities. This seminar will provide simple guidelines for state compliance, including surveys and inspections.
Receive 3 Hours CEU
Cost is $39.00 if register before April 15, 2012
after April 15, 2012 cost is $49.00
• Establishing policies and procedures to prevent theft and diversion
• Review record keeping requirements for compliance
• Appropriate methods of disposing of controlled substances
• Collaborating with your Delegating Nurse and Pharmacist
• Defining the role of the Pharmacy Consultant
• Medication safety and storage
• Identifying inappropriate medications for seniors
• Recognizing Common medication interactions
• Improving your relationship with your Pharmacist
Fred Evans, RPh, MHSA, FASCP and Eric Johnson, RPh, PD.
You must pre- register to attend. Contact Ted Travis at [email protected] or 301-220-1990.